Celebrating 5 years of excellence – the Medilaw Group story
As Medilaw Group celebrates its 5th anniversary, we want to take a moment to reflect on our journey, achievements, and the impact we’ve made on the specialist medical opinion market in Australia. We’ve grown from a collective of local organisations to a cohesive, nationally recognised group.
A Journey to Unite Expertise:
In 2017, Medilaw Group was born with the vision of offering choice, quality and local industry expertise in the specialist medical opinion market. Bringing together Next Health, Medilaw, Australian Medico-Legal Group (AMLG) and MLO, we embarked on an ambitious journey to unite like-minded organisations and create a strong, nationwide presence.
In 2021, Medilaw Group further strengthened its position and enhanced its service offerings with the merging of AMLG and MLO with Medilaw. You will recognise today’s Medilaw Group as Next Health in WA and NT and Medilaw in NSW, QLD, VIC, SA, TAS and ACT.
Today’s Medilaw Group:
Today, Medilaw Group is a unified brand that is committed to growth and collaboration, a group that provides expert medical opinions across various disciplines throughout Australia. Our national coverage allows us to serve clients and customers in every state and territory, offering a comprehensive range of services.
- Medilaw – A leading provider of expert medical opinions and assessments, serving clients and customers across the east coast and central Australia. Medilaw focuses on offering accurate, timely, and personalised services to empower individuals and organisations in making informed decisions for better health and employment outcomes.
- Next Health – The largest provider of independent specialist opinion across Western Australia and the Northern Territory. Next Health’s growth to market leader is a direct result of the careful recruitment and retention of highly regarded medical consultants and their ability to collaborate with key parties to deliver specific services to their local market.
At Medilaw Group, we firmly believe in our purpose: “We help organisations improve the life, health, and employment outcomes of a population…while never losing sight of the individual.” We work passionately to help individuals and communities achieve better life, health, and employment outcomes. We pride ourselves on being a people business and are committed to refining and building our capabilities to create solutions that solve problems for our customers and support people in realising their potential.
Our Achievements and Highlights:
Over the past five years, we have accomplished a great deal, including:
- Formation of a robust national network of medical consultants who share our commitment to quality and professionalism, with over 510 consultants covering 52 specialties.
- Consistent growth and market recognition, thanks to our loyal customers and dedicated team.
- Hosting numerous customer events and introducing educational webinars to share knowledge and insights with our customers and consultants.
- A national footprint, covering every state and territory in Australia, allowing us to provide our services across the country, including in regional and remote areas.
- Over 31,000 appointments booked in 2022, demonstrating our dedication to providing high-quality and accessible medical opinion services.
A Bright Future Ahead:
As we look back on our journey, we are filled with gratitude for the unwavering support of our team members, customers and industry partners. As we celebrate our 5th anniversary, we are more committed than ever to offering choice, quality and excellence in the specialist medical opinion market.